WeissBioTech GmbH, founded in 2002, develops, produces and markets biotechnology & fermentation derived products such as enzymes, yeast and processing aids for the production of bioethanol, alcohol, beer, fruit & vegetable juices, wine and starch processing. In October 2019 WeissBioTech will move to the new production facility in the Gross-Gerau region and the successful applicant will be based at this location. WeissBioTech provides an exciting work environment and has a vacancy at the new production facility for a Laboratory Technician (f/m/d).
The position calls for a strong understanding of the production of food additives, ingredients and processing aids. Efficient execution of the complete Quality Control and laboratory procedures is required. Hygiene standards are extremely high, so all safety, ISO-, FSSC (Food Safety System), Kosher & Halal norms need to be strictly followed and complied to. The candidate will be required to work independently under the direction of the Laboratory Manager in a new and modern laboratory and will be part of a team guaranteeing the quality of the company’s products.
- Quality assurance & control activities such as QC tests to guarantee product quality
- Testing of all raw materials, finished products and ancillary materials
- Support to production for in-production testing
- Hygiene testing of the production & warehouse facilities
- Calibration of laboratory equipment, maintain retain samples, and arrange samples for external laboratory services
- Execute the requested tasks accurately and efficiently
- Completed vocational training preferably as Chemical Production Technician or equivalent industrial training
- Several years experience in working in a food or food ingredient producing plant preferred
- Comply with the hygiene, safety, ISO, Food Safety, IFS, HACCP, Kosher & Halal programs
- Forklift driving licence
- Good written and verbal communication skills in German and the English language
We offer a challenging and multifaceted fulltime-employment opportunity (40 hours/week) in a growing company in new and modern premises. The team-orientated and cooperative atmosphere is complemented with attractive retirement program and the possibility to participate actively in shaping our future.
Please send your application together with your desired starting date and salary expectations to: email@example.com