WeissBioTech GmbH, founded in 2002, develops, produces and markets biotechnology & fermentation derived products such as enzymes, yeast and processing aids for the production of bioethanol, alcohol, beer, fruit & vegetable juices, wine and starch processing. In October 2019 WeissBioTech will move to the new production facility in the Gross-Gerau region and the successful applicant will be based at this location. WeissBioTech provides an exciting work environment and has a vacancy at the new production facility for a Production Manager (f/m/d).
The position calls for a strong understanding of the production of food additives, ingredients and processing aids. Meticulous planning and efficient execution of the complete production process operation, both in terms of human resources and equipment need to be ensured. Hygiene standards are extremely high, so all safety of personnel, ISO-, FSSC (Food Safety Systems), Kosher & Halal norms need to be followed and strictly complied to. The chosen candidate will also be responsible for authoring protocols and reports associated with these activities. Furthermore, the position requires a strong interest in the continual process of improvements of the production procedures. The candidate will be required to work both independently and as part of cross functional teams, manage projects to completion under established time lines and report to senior management.
- Organise the production as well as the goods receival, goods dispatch and all production operations
- Assure the safety of all production personnel, management and training of the production team
- Define the human resources and equipment requirements for good functioning of the production
- Manage the products under the customs process
- Assist in the development of new products and product formulas by formulating current end products and/or intermediates in line with business plans/requests
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., B.Eng.) or a comparable qualification, preferably in food technology or biotechnology
- Profound experience in managing a small production team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to independently work
- Knowledge of ISO certification, QA systems as well as Food Safety systems (FSSC), IFS, HACCP, Kosher & Halal programs
- Forklift driving licence (or prepared to get trained)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in German and profound English negotiation skill
We offer a challenging and multifaceted fulltime-employment opportunity (40 hours/week) in a growing company in new and modern premises. The team-orientated and cooperative atmosphere is complemented with attractive retirement program and the possibility to participate actively in shaping our future.
Please send your application together with your desired starting date and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org