Biological wound management
Aurase® is an enzymatic active ingredient developed by BRAIN for the treatment of open wounds. The active mechanism was inspired by the common green bottle fly.
The number of patients with chronic wounds is on the increase due to demographic change and diet-related diseases. It is an established fact that the larvae of the common green bottle fly promote wound debridement. Scientists at BRAIN have decoded the mechanisms behind this effect and developed the Aurase® enzyme for new wound treatment products, as a less invasive alternative to potentially very unpleasant forms of treatment such as surgical debridement.
Want to know more?
- is a new enzymatic active ingredient developed by BRAIN for the biological treatment of open wounds.
- addresses the growing number of chronic wound patients.
- offers an effective addition to other sometimes painful and unpleasant procedures such as surgical debridement.
- illustrates the enormous potential of BRAIN’s BioArchive and its Biotechnology-Portfolio.
- has already received patent coverage in some 20 countries.