Data protection statement in the recruitment process
(1) We provide you with this data protection statement, which relates exclusively to the data collected as part of the online recruitment process, in order to inform you about how we handle your personal data collected by us as part of the application process.
By sending your application (online application procedure or by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org) you agree to these data protection statements.
2 Responsible person
(1) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstädter Straße 34-36
(see our imprint).
You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or at our postal address with the addition “data protection officer”.
3 Personal data in the context of the recruitment process
(1) Personal data is all data that can be in(directly) related toyou personally. This includes information such as name, address, e-mail address, etc. but also data about your career, etc. which can be assigned to a specific person with reasonable effort.
4 Collection and processing of personal data
(1) Our data protection provisions are in accordance with the BDSG and the EU DSGVO and BDSG (new) as well as the German Telemedia Act (TMG).
(2) If you apply for a vacancy or send an unsolicited application via the online application system on our website or by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, you voluntarily submit personal data and information (first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number and any attachments such as CV, cover letter, etc.).
(3) The recruitment process requires, that you provide us with certain personal data about yourself. Necessary data for the application procedure are:
- name (first & last name)
- e-mail address
- date of availability
- cover letter (as file upload)
- curriculum vitae (as file upload)
In addition, you can voluntarily provide further data. These are e.g. your telephone number, your address, your date of birth, etc. This data will also be collected and processed by us if you enter it.
(4) If you send an unsolicited application directly by e-mail to email@example.com, the encryption depends on your e-mail service provider.
(5) Only authorised employees of the company have access to your data for the purpose of filling a vacant position.
(6) We process the applicant data only for the purpose of carrying out the recruitment process in accordance with the legal requirements. The applicant data is processed to fulfil our (pre-)contractual obligations within the scope of the application procedure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO as well as Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO, insofar as the data processing becomes necessary for us, e.g. within the scope of legal procedures (in Germany, § 26 BDSG also applies).
5 Storage of personal data
(1) Your data will be stored exclusively for the above-mentioned purpose of carrying out the recruitment process.
(2) Subject to a justified revocation by the applicant, the storage period is 6 months for applications to specific job advertisements, beginning with the date of rejection. This is necessary to answer any follow-up questions about the application process and to comply with our obligations to provide evidence under the Equal Treatment Act.
(3) In the case of unsolicited applications, your data will be stored for a period of 12 months from the date of receipt of the application due to operational and organisational processes.
(4) For applications for a apprenticeship in the company, the statements of sentence 2 of this section apply in principle. This period can be extended to 12 months from the date of rejection with your written consent. In this case, the storage is based on Art.6 Para. 1 lit. a. DSGVO
(5) Invoices for any reimbursement of travel expenses within the scope of the application procedure will be archived in accordance with the requirements of tax law and deleted after expiry of the legal requirements.
(6) After expiry of the period of storage of your data in the application process as specified in para. 4 sentences 2,3 and 4 of this data protection statement, all of your personal data will be automatically anonymised by our system. The anonymisation no longer allows any conclusions to be drawn about your person. The meta data generated by the anonymisation can be used by us for statistical evaluation (e.g. number of applications per period, etc.).
6 Erasure of personal data
(1) You can request the deletion of your personal data at any time by contacting us via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data will then be anonymised accordingly before expiry of the storage periods specified in para. 4 sentences 2,3 and 4 of this data protection statement (cf. para. 4 sentence 6).
(2) The same applies if you withdraw your application, which you are entitled to do at any time.
7 Disclosure of personal data to third parties
(2) If you send us a speculative application for training as a biology laboratory technician, we will transfer the data to Provadis Partner für Bildung und Beratung GmbH, Industriepark Höchst Gebäude B845, 65926 Frankfurt am Main. They will then process your unsolicited application on our behalf as a processor in accordance with Art. 28 DSGVO. Provadis GmbH also conducts the relevant recruitment tests and then transfers your data to us so that we can enter it in our applicant portal. Further information on data protection at Provadis can be found at https://www.provadis.de/datenschutz/.
(3) With the exception of the transfer of your data to the above-mentioned bodies (cf. para. 6 sentences 1 and 2 of this data protection declaration), your data will only be passed on if our company is legally obliged to do so or if this is necessary in the event of misuse or for clarification purposes. However, this requires concrete indications of illegal or abusive behavior. By order of a competent authority, we may provide information about this data (inventory data) in individual cases, in particular for the purposes of criminal prosecution.
8 Data subject rights and revocation
(1) If personal data is processed by us as the controller, you as the data subject have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) depending on the legal basis and the purpose of the processing:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or erasure,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
(3) If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you also have the right to revoke this consent under data protection law. To assert your revocation, please contact our data protection officer (see para. 2 of this data protection staement).
9 Concluding provisions
(1) We reserve the right to adapt this data protection statement at any time with effect for the future so that it always complies with the current legal requirements or to reflect changes to the application process or similar.
(2) In addition to this data protection statement, you can view our general data protection statement on https://www.brain-biotech.com/privacy.