BRAIN AG has successfully completed more than 100 R&D-driven cooperation projects, and regards itself both as a service provider and as a partner to industry. “BRAIN Inside” can be found in many everyday products. Due to confidentiality agreements, we cannot disclose all such projects.
Some highlights include:
- Henkel (“Persil” detergent): enzymes that are effective at low temperatures
- Südzucker (“Airwaves” chewing gum): microbial optimization of biotechnology isomalt production
- Symrise/Beiersdorf (“Eucerin” cream): “Symsitive 1609”–active ingredient for sensitive skin
- Enzymes for companies such as Clariant, BASF, DSM, DuPont, Evonik, Fuchs Petrolub, Henkel
- Microorganisms for companies such as Bayer, Madaus, Roquette, Sandoz, Schering, Suntory
- Bioactive natural products for BASF, Cognis, General Mills, Merck, Symrise, Wella and others